Wednesday 2 October 2013

The Pearl of Africa

Today at Carmel College we had a visit from a choir all the way from Uganda named the 'The Pearl of Africa'. This choir is made up of orphaned Ugandan children who tour the world performing free concerts in hopes of raising awareness of the poverty, famine and violence that goes on in their own homes. So in honour of these inspiring children all students were allowed to wear the colours black, red or yellow (Uganda's flag) to school/college for a small donation towards the choir.
I wore:
-A red, tribal patterned dress with a gorgeous low cut back, long sleeved and very fitted 
-My favourite brown boots 
-Normal, black tights
-Chunky, gold nevklace from H&M. One of my favourite statement pieces 
-A multy textured scarf (silk and felt I believe) in brown and black with an interesting Art Deco pattern and tassels at the ends
-My trusty brown leather jacket to complete the outfit 
(I will try to post some more links and information on The Pearl of Africa soon. Please give them a watch and if they happen to perform any where near you, make sure you go, maybe make a donation and above all, help raise awareness!)

No comments:

Post a Comment